Barn Owl (Leavers 2016)
Leaver's Video Part 1
Leaver's Song Part 1
Leaver's Song Part 2
We have had trouble adding documents to the class pages for the past couple of weeks.
Well done on keeping up-to-date with the paper copies in your homework diaries and bringing in such excellent projects.
SAT's are over now so let's get back to normal and enjoy the rest of the summer term
Barn Owl Easter Homework
As we broke up on a Thursday and were without any copying facilities, the children did not receive a printed homework sheet this week.
This is the homework that they should be completing over the Easter break:
- Complete any remaining pages in the Maths Homework book; 2-4 pages at a time, not all in one sitting. Mark with an adult and discuss/explain errors.
- Complete Maths Test Paper 2011 B (45 minutes). Mark with an adult as far as possible.
- Finish SPaG Test A (For familiarity- no time limit). We will do the spelling section when we get back to school.
- Write a book review of Goodnight Mr Tom. This should include: a basic plot summary, good points, not-so-good points, points of interest, what you personally got from the book and a recommendation. This will be marked like any other piece of written work, so write to impress.
- Read every day- notice where authors use punctuation like : ; - ( ).
Test papers to be completed by the Monday we return; other homework for the Thursday as usual.
Have a good holiday, don't eat too much chocolate,
Mrs Church (Chief Barn Owl)
Just a reminder that the only homework this week is the three chapters of Mr Tom and Maths Paper A 2010.
Please help your child with the questions they find more difficult.
Shenfield Library is displaying our wonderful stories.
Half Term Holiday Homework
Here is the Year 6 Homework Menu and the homework record for 18/1/16
Attention All Young Engineers!
Merry Christmas Young Engineers,
This is the link to the Youtube video which explains how to put all of your circles together so that you can finish your decorations.
You will have to copy it and paste it into your browser- ask an adult to help you.
If all else fails- ask me.
Meet Gizmo - our new class pet.
Barn Owl Class thought carefully about the sort of class they wanted to be. Eventually they decided how to phrase these qualities to create their class charter. Now they just have to remember to keep to it. Good Luck Barn Owls - here's to a successful and fun year.